MOI follows several conventions for naming functions and structures. These should also be followed by packages extending MOI.
Sets encode the structure of constraints. Their names should follow the following conventions:
- Abstract types in the set hierarchy should begin with
Abstractand end in
- Vector-valued conic sets should end with
- Vector-valued Cartesian products should be plural and not end in
- Matrix-valued conic sets should provide two representations:
RootDetConeSquare. See Matrix cones for more details.
- Scalar sets should be singular, not plural, e.g.,
- As much as possible, the names should follow established conventions in the domain where this set is used: for instance, convex sets should have names close to those of CVX, and constraint-programming sets should follow MiniZinc's constraints.